Open Accessibility Menu

Help Paying Your Bill

At Ridgecrest Regional Hospital (RRH), we are committed to providing compassionate, high-quality care to our community. If you don't have health insurance, our financial counseling team can help you to find government or private programs that may assist with healthcare costs.

The first step is to see if you are eligible for a government-sponsored health program (i.e. Medi-Cal/Medicaid, Medicare, disability). Financial Counselors are available to work with you to complete the application process. If you qualify, these programs can provide access to health care and other vital social services for you and your family. If you need assistance, please call a Financial Counselor at (760) 499-3010.

If you don't qualify for a government program, you may still be eligible for RRH's needs-based Financial Assistance program. In three steps:

Step 1: Fill out the Financial Assistance Application English / Spanish

Step 2: Collect additional documents outlined in the application.

Step 3: Mail your application and documents to the address noted on the application.

When a completed financial assistance application is received, a RRH Financial Counselor or Business Office Representative will review the information and make a determination of financial assistance that may be offered prior to, during, or after services are provided. Depending upon individual circumstances, such financial assistance may consist of free care (also called “Charity Care”) or a discount from billed charges (also called “Discounted Care”).

Related Links:

Notice To Patients

Financial Assistance Policy English / Spanish

Financial Assistance Application English / Spanish

Financial Assistance Plain Language Summary English / Spanish

No Surprise Billing Act English / Spanish

For more information please contact our representative at (760) 499-3010.

The Hospital Bill Complaint Program is a state program, which reviews hospital decisions about whether you qualify for help paying your hospital bill. If you believe you were wrongly denied financial assistance, you may file a complaint with the Hospital Bill Complaint Program. Go to for more information and to file a complaint.