Open Accessibility Menu


Below you will find answers to some frequently asked questions about Ridgecrest Regional Hospital’s features, services, and locations.

Why do I need to register every time I visit the Hospital?

The hospital offers a variety of services and the insurance companies require a separate ID for every visit.

Why do I (the patient/insured) need to call my insurance company to give them additional insurance information or accident details?

The insurance companies require that the information come from you (the patient/insured) and not from the hospital. If the insurance company does not receive a response from you, your claim will be denied.

How do I know if RRH is a preferred provider for my insurance?

Please contact your insurance company directly to find out if RRH is a preferred provider for your insurance.

After my visit to the Hospital, why do I receive bills from organizations other than the Hospital?

RRH uses contracted services for certain functions such as radiologists, ER physicians, pathologists, and anesthesiologists. These contracted services provide their own billing service and you will receive separate billings from them.

If you have billing questions regarding these services, please contact them at the address or phone number listed below:

Emergency Room Physician Bill
350 West Cedar Street, Fourth Floor
Pensacola, FL 32502
(888) 513-6044

Radiologist Interpretation Bill
SOL Radiology
Office – (760) 230-5900

Can I pick up my spouse’s medical information?

You can pick up your spouse’s medical information only if your spouse has signed a Release of Information Form entitling you to receive the information. A note that has been signed and dated by the spouse giving you permission is also acceptable. Identification will be checked when picking up medical information.

Can I get a copy of my child’s birth certificate from the HIM (Health Information Management or Medical Records) Department?

The HIM Department does not keep a copy of the official birth certificate in the chart. To obtain a copy of your child’s birth certificate if the baby is under one year old, please call the Kern County Department of Public Health Vital Statistics Department at (661) 868-0228.

If your child is over one year old and you need a copy of the birth certificate, please call the California Department of Health Services at (916) 445-1719.

If you need a copy of your child’s social security card, please call the Social Security Administration at (800) 772-1213.

How long does it take to get a copy of my medical record, lab and x-rays?

California State Law allows medical providers fifteen days after written authorization to furnish records to any requestor. However, the hospital’s turnaround time is usually much less than ten days, depending upon the volume of requests at any certain time.

If you want a copy of your lab tests, most results can be accessed by the HIM Department after the tests have been computed and entered into the lab system. Reports that are sent out to other labs for processing may take from several days to several weeks.

Radiology reports become part of the medical record but the actual x-ray films do not. Copies of x-ray films must be requested from the radiology department.

Do I have to pay for a copy of my medical record?

If a physician’s office is requesting a copy of your record or results, the HIM Department can mail or fax the information to the physician’s office free of charge when the physician’s office requests a copy.

If requested by the patient, a copy of “pertinent information” (dictation, lab, radiology, EKGs and the ER Record, etc.) from the medical record will be provided free of charge on a one-time basis for each visit. If the patient requests additional copies of the same record, the hospital will charge for additional copies.

What are the hours that the HIM Department (Medical Records) is open?

The HIM Department is open to the public Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, except holidays. The department is closed on the weekends. For after business hours emergencies, please ask the PBX Operator to page the nursing supervisor.

Is RRH an HMO provider?

No, RRH is not an HMO contract provider. However, RRH does bill HMO insurances as a courtesy to its patients. The bill is the patient’s responsibility, however, if the claim is denied you will be mailed a statement and you can call our billing office at (760) 499-3010 to set up payment arrangements.

What can I do with unwanted, unused or expired medications?